The Benevolence Committee serves the members of DICC by channeling their gifts in such a way that they demonstrate the love of Christ to the larger Bangladeshi community around us.
Students at CCTB enjoying their new Bible study book provided in part by our Benevolence Fund
DICC allocates 10 percent of all its income to the Benevolence Fund.
Every Benevolence application is reviewed based on the following criteria:
- That the applicant tries to meet human needs holistically, and that the project demonstrates the love of Christ either physically or spiritually.
- That the giving reflects the needs of the whole population of Bangladesh, especially those who do not have easy access to other funding.
- That the project must have some active link to DICC, through a member or via a recognised missions agency.
- That a transparent structure of communication and accountability is in place.
- That the project is specific and does not obligate DICC to any long-term commitment. It should not foster a spirit of dependency.
- Applications for projects up to a maximum of 250,000 BDT are invited.
Download the application form here DICC | Application Form
Fill out the online application form here DICC Application Form Online
Before applying for any grant please make sure you can confirm all the following statements
- We have not had a grant from DICC awarded in the last 12 months
- We have a member of DICC who is willing to be a link person for the application
- The grant will not be used for any salaries
- The application is for a specific one off activity or project
- The grant does not commit DICC to further funding
- The grant is not for student fees and costs
- The grant will allow a project to proceed immediately i.e. all other funding is in place
- We agree to provide evidence of how funds are used
- We believe the grant will be used to benefit the population of Bangladesh
- We agree to return any unused funds to DICC
- We cannot self-fund the project
- The grant is not for any medical costs
- The grant is not for major building projects
- The grant is not for conferences, travel or accommodation
If you cannot confirm these statements but still wish your application to be considered please contact your DICC link person in the first instance. The DICC link person can discuss with the benevolence team.
No grants will be considered without a DICC link person